2019 cherie Blair Foundation Head of Entrepreneurship Vacancy
Cherie Blair empower women entrepreneurs in low and middle income countries to build successful businesses. Working in collaboration with our global network of partners, we build women’s capabilities, confidence, networks and access to financial services and markets. The women entrepreneurs we support are role models and change-makers, investing in their families and creating jobs for others.
1. At least five years’ experience developing and delivering international development programmes, with proven experience working to improve women’s economic empowerment, ideally women’s entrepreneurship
2. Good knowledge and understanding of issues related to women’s economic empowerment and more broadly on the issues around gender and development
3. Experience of developing and managing complex partnerships with delivery partners in low and middle income countries to deliver participatory programmes and exceed contractual expectations
4. Experience leading, developing and managing teams
5. Demonstrable experience setting strategies and plans at a programmatic level
6. Budget holding responsibility (over £500k) and demonstrable knowledge of financial management systems and processes required for robust programme management
7. Proven skills in programme design and proposal development to support the development of new programmes
8. Excellent relationship management internally and externally, able to write comprehensive concepts, bids and proposals for donors
9. Able to manage multiple diverse projects and prioritise workload.
10. Proven experience in building effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, partnership building and networking at senior management level or above Excellent team-working and cross-team working skills.
11. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
12. Flexibility to undertake overseas travel
13. Experience living and working in a low and/or middle income country
14. Experience working with technology and technology service providers in the development and delivery of
Salary: £42,000-£48,000 PA
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements (working from home, compressed hours.
- Season ticket loans
- Childcare vouchers
- Budget allocated annually for staff professional development
Candidates who wish to apply are requested to submit the following documents:
1. Covering letter addressing relevant experience for the role (two A4 pages max)
2. Current CV – no more than two pages
3. Please send your application to: [email protected]