2019 Call for Applications: Youth Champions Initiative Cohort 3
Deadline: February 28, 2019.
Rise Up is launching the third cohort of the Youth Champions Initiative, in partnership with the David and Lucile Packard Foundation. The Youth Champions Initiative (YCI) is an exciting initiative that is advancing innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights globally. Through YCI, Rise Up invests in young champions who are leading the sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice (SRHRJ) movement now and for the next generation.
Following a competitive selection process, Rise Up will select 22 visionary young people working in Packard Foundation priority geographies – India, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Rwanda, and the United States (Louisiana and Mississippi). YCI integrates intensive capacity building, leadership development, mentoring, project funding, and technical assistance to enable young leaders to launch creative new initiatives to improve SRHRJ in their countries.
Eligible candidates must meet the following selection criteria:
- Young persons between the ages of 18-29
- Residents of:
- Louisiana and Mississippi, USA
- Personal dedication to improving sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Commitment to social change and experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, innovation and/or related fields
- Support of the applicant’s host organization and ability to participate in a workshop in Los Altos, California, USA in June or July 2019
- Proficient in oral and written English
Interested qualified applicants should complete the downloadable application form below and email it on or before February 28, 2019 to Rise Up’s Program Associate Patzia Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to Program Manager Claudia Romeu at email@example.com.