2019 British Council Generation UK internship in China
Deadline: June 17, 2019.
Spend two months in China with a Generation UK internship. Live in one of six booming Chinese cities while gaining experience in an industry of your choice.
Placements are available in the following Chinese cities through our partners CRCC Asia and InternChina.
There are very limited places still available in these cities. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as applications may close early if all places are filled:
There are limited places still available for these cities. You may apply up to the deadline of 17 June 2019:
We recommend that you research each of these cities, and speak to our partners directly to decide which location is best for you. You could also ask advisers at your university, such as careers teams and Chinese departments.
- be at least 18 years old
- be currently enrolled full-time at a UK university, or have graduated from one within the past year
- have completed at least one academic year at university
- be a UK or EU passport holder
- have achieved, or be on track to achieve, a 2:1 degree
- meet our student finance eligibility criteria
- not be in receipt of any other Generation UK funding.
You cannot apply if you have previously been on a Generation UK internship, or taken part in a Generation UK scholarship programme.
1. Whatever your ambitions for the future, your internship will help you stand out from the crowd.
2. New industries and work opportunities in China are rising faster than the skyscrapers that accommodate them, and China may soon overtake the US as the world’s largest economy.
3. Companies across the world will value your experience of China’s culture and business practices.
4. You’ll also benefit from weekly Mandarin lessons and take part in business and cultural activities, offering you valuable insight into the customs and traditions of China.
1. You’ll need to pay for your own flights to China, your visa and any other expenses related to your travel.
2. You’ll also pay for your own food and other day-to-day expenses. Costs vary depending on your standard of living, and you should also factor in whether you wish to travel and explore China in your free time. Around £50 per week should be sufficient for your daily expenses.
3. Generation UK funding will cover:
- all placement fees
- your accommodation
- comprehensive travel insurance
- pick-up from the airport
- dedicated support throughout your placement.
4. You will also have access to:
- weekly Chinese language classes
- a programme of business and cultural activities.