2019 British Council Creative Economy Open call for UK Partner
Deadline: June 27, 2019.
They are seeking a UK partner to curate, design and produce a public exhibition to showcase work created in a series of art and technology residencies taking place in Turkey, Greece and Serbia to a UK audience in February 2020.
The residencies will result in immersive and multimedia-rich artwork, powered by techniques of design research, human-centered design and speculative design. The artists will be asked to question what hopes and fears are associated with rapidly changing work and life environments in contemporary society, how a networked culture can develop cohesion and how to deal with uncertainty and change.
This opportunity for a UK partner is to:
- Appoint and manage a curator to create an artistic statement for the art and technology residency, curate the exhibition, and write curatorial text for exhibition panels and leaflets
- Appoint and manage an exhibition designer to design a layout for the exhibition, design and fabricate the exhibition and install all works
- Lead on marketing and communications for the exhibition
- Provide staffing to manage the space throughout the exhibition run, including at opening event
- Share a basic evaluation of the exhibition with Connect for Creativity project partners, including visitor figures and press cuttings after the project close
- Public events programme would be desirable but subject to further discussion with Connect for Creativity project partners