2019 BBC Step Into Tech Training Course for Women
Deadline: July 5, 2019.
The BBC Step Into Tech training course is the ideal opportunity for women wanting to move into a career in Software Engineering. This in-depth course provides the fundamental skills needed to kick start a career in the sector.
This course is ideal for women who may be returning to work after a break, college leavers and career changers; anyone that is motivated for a career in software Engineering but need to learn the core skills first.
1. Immersive week: An overview of the tech industry, understanding the fundamentals of computer science, developing problem solving skills.
2. Front end – to include HTML, CSS, responsive design and an introduction to React
3. Back end – Introduction to cloud (AWS), databases and backend technologies
4. Project – Have the ability to apply learning to personally create a project application
5. All underpinned by ongoing personal development
6. There will be continued support throughout the course.
1. You must be motivated for a career in Software Engineering and demonstrate the qualities that make a great software engineer. This course will be challenging, but you will get the support you need throughout.
2. You’ll need to be committed to the training, and be able to manage your time to complete the pre-course work.
3. There are limited places available on this course, therefore, you must be able to demonstrate in your application and in interview, that you are determined and motivated.
4. They are looking for candidates who are good with time management and who are excellent problem solvers. The technical side we will teach you!
5. This course is for women looking for their first step into a software engineering career, we will teach the basic fundamentals that are needed. Therefore the course will not be for you if you already have experience in the course elements (through recent work experience or through a qualification).
Upon successful completion of the programme all participants will have the opportunity to apply for an Associate Software Engineer role within BBC Design + Engineering.