2019 BBC Senior Head of Content Production Recruitment
Deadline: October 21, 2019.
BBC have an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Head of Content Production to join us. This is a truly unique opportunity to lead, manage and develop BBC Scotland’s Multiplatform Production team. You’ll have over-arching accountability for creating and leading a multi-genre production department which operates across multiple locations, is bi-lingual – there is even an orchestra! You will also be an integral part of the BBC Scotland Executive Team with wider responsibility for BBC Scotland.
1. They are looking for you to develop and deliver the department’s strategy, driving value in programming to ensure the maximum return to the Audience.
2. You will provide strategic creative leadership, ensuring your teams present a range of innovative programme and content proposals to win commissions. This includes leading teams to plan, pitch and deliver outstanding content, monitoring and critically reviewing audience figures and editorial/production quality in programme making, making appropriate recommendations as necessary.
3. Reporting to Director BBC Scotland, as a key member of our Scotland Executive team, you will play a pivotal role helping to provide outstanding values-based leadership to a wide range of teams across BBC Scotland. You’ll gain significant exposure across the BBC and have the opportunity to firmly establish and align your team to achieve our ambitious plans.
4. You will build and nurture strategic partnerships with external organisations and internal stakeholders whilst representing the best interests of BBC Scotland (Multiplatform Productions) at all times.
1. To ensure success it is vital that you have experience in heading up large and complex teams and experience in driving and delivering strategic change. Audiences are at the heart of everything we do so you need to have a deep understanding of changing audience consumption patterns and show evidence of creating diverse content and developing new on-screen talent.
2. You will have sound editorial judgement and substantial experience at an executive level as a programme maker with a track record in delivering successful content across multiple platforms.
3. You should also have a commercial mindset with a thorough understanding of how BBC operates within the wider creative sector.
4. They are looking for someone with a track record of delivering innovative content ahead of competitors and of fostering a risk-taking approach to programme-making while being an ambassador, not only for the BBC, but for the wider media sector forging strong relationships with local independent production companies and other partners.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.