2019 Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship Program for Young ChangeMakers from African countries and Germany
Deadline: July 17, 2019.
The Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship is a programme for young change-makers from African countries and Germany, organised by Engagement Global with its ASA Programme within the framework of the African German Youth Initiative (AGYI). The format was launched successfully in 2016 and takes place once a year, alternately in Germany and in an African country. It combines peer-to-peer sessions, expert inputs and business development workshops, and aims at creating a network of sustainable entrepreneurs who think and learn globally.
The Autumn School is driven by the vision of a transition towards a more sustainable economy. As a learning platform it enables the participants to extend their knowledge about different aspects of sustainable entrepreneurship, increase their social impact, share their locally acquired best practices and creative approaches with each other, and become part of an international network of young people sharing the same spirit of sustainability.
1. The Autumn School is aimed at up to 25 sustainable entrepreneurs addressing social and environmental issues either in Germany or on the African continent.
2. Entrepreneurs who are interested in improving their business models and in increasing their impact. The overarching theme varies from year to year. The format is particularly suited for entrepreneurs who are in the early implementation phase of their project.
3. Young people between the ages of 21 and 30.
The participation in the Autumn School is free of charge. The ASA Programme covers the expenses for travel and accommodation (for six nights) for all selected participants. Participants are furthermore be assisted with the organisation of their travels, accommodation and with their visa application.
- get to know more about the life and work of other young changemakers from African countries and Germany;
- acquire useful tools to further develop their business;
- exchange resources and experiences and set the base for long-term virtual or regional exchange;
- gain support and motivation to act as drivers of change for sustainable entrepreneurship in their own region;
- be part of ASA’s extended alumni and partner network.