2019 Ashoka Young Changemakers India
Deadline: May 30, 2019.
A Co-leadership programme for teenagers who are leading impact initiatives • Step up and change the world with Ashoka!
AYC is a carefully selected network of young people who have found their power to create change for the good of all and are ready to take on their role as youth influencers, peer allies and co-leaders of the global Everyone a Changemaker movement.
This opportunity is just for you if:
1. You are under 20 years of age
2. You are a Changemaker
Your idea – You deeply empathized with a problem and from that understanding developed your own original idea for addressing it.
Your team – You built a team around this idea. You lead by helping others lead, helping them realise they can create positive change.
Your world changed – You helped improve people’s lives and the environment around them. You are always committed to the good of all.
3. You want to co-lead the global Everyone a Changemaker movement
You are a co-leader – You believe that everyone needs to take initiative and solve problems, everyone needs to find their power as changemakers. You are eager to help your peers and everyone in your school/community/country to find their power.
Every Ashoka Young Changemaker is tasked with the responsibility of co-leading the Everyone a Changemaker movement. As a co-leader, you can drive existing Ashoka initiatives for young people or come up with new ideas to fuel the movement. For example:
- Be a peer ally to other young people and help kick-start their changemaking journeys
- Engage with top social entrepreneurs and thought leaders
- Create opportunities within your own venture for other young people to step up and lead change
- Speak at reputed public platforms and share your story through media partnerships
- Influence your school/community to trust in youth to lead
- Build partnerships to start and scale effective solutions that can end the new inequality
- Access resources and networks to achieve greater impact
- Come up with your own ideas to fuel the movement and test them in a supportive community