2020 Ashoka/ HSBC Future Skills Innovation Challenge for Social Entrepreneurs
Deadline: February 28, 2020.
Applications are now open for the Future Skills Innovation Challenge 2020!
They want to find creative, passionate innovators who are building a future where everyone has the skills needed to thrive. Specifically, they’re looking for ideas that focus on Employability or Financial Capability.
These are competencies that increase financial capability and employability — equipping our communities to play an active role in the economy of the future. Financial capability means having the skills, attitudes and tools needed to manage money effectively. Employability is a set of achievements, understandings and attributes that make individuals more likely to gain employment and to be successful in their chosen occupations.
- You must have incorporated as a non-profit, for-profit, or hybrid organization.
- You must be over 18 by the time you apply.
- If your product has not launched, you must have a business plan and MVP (prototype, pilot, or another proof of concept).
- Entries will only be accepted in English (winners will be expected to engage in activities that require English proficiency).
- We are open to entries from the following markets: Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bermuda, Canada, Chile, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK (inc Channel Islands), USA, Vietnam.
- Only one application per initiative will be accepted
- Employees of HSBC advertising agencies, promotion agencies and other service providers for this Challenge, their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, regardless of where they reside) are not eligible.
- Partners or initiatives that are already financed or supported by HSBC its affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures are not eligible
All applicants will:
- Have the opportunity to receive peer feedback via the prize online platform, including the opportunity to view, review and connect with other applicants of the Future Skills Challenge.
- Receive feedback from Ashoka and/or HSBC representatives.
Up to 50 semi-finalists will:
- Have an opportunity to refine entries and incorporate feedback received in the screening phase Receive additional feedback from experts from HSBC & Ashoka
- Be referred as semi-finalists in the announcement communications
- Access a call for semi-finalists to connect with peers
There will be 12 challenges winners, across 3 categories:
-Most scalable solutions-
- Awarded to solutions with proven models who have potential to begin scaling their impact.
- Winners receive and up to $25k cash prize plus support & mentoring from HSBC and Ashoka on how to scale and raise additional finance.
-Most innovative solutions-
- Awarded to solutions with an innovative use of technology.
- Winners receive up to $20k cash prize plus support & mentoring to help develop their innovation.
-Best early-stage ideas-
- Awarded to solutions with highly innovative ideas which are still at an early-stage.
- Winners receive up to $12.5k cash prize plus support & mentoring to develop their idea.