2019 Akademie Schloss Solitude Artist-in-Residence Fellowship
Deadline: April 30, 2019.
The name Akademie Schloss Solitude unites the belief in artistic, scientific exchange with the notion of a refuge, a credo which underlays the construction of the Schloss Solitude from the very beginning. Residencies at Akademie Schloss Solitude enable fellows to devote themselves to their research projects under favorable material and intellectual conditions. In this way, the available resources can be used in an optimal, needs-oriented manner. It is essential for the self-conception of Akademie Schloss Solitude that fellows of all disciplines are enabled to work and research free of daily pressures and presentation deadlines. Despite this, the Akademie offers the possibility to communicate and present projects to the public. Besides the realisation of numerous public events, the online platform Schlosspost allows international visibility of fellows and their projects and creates space for new digital projects.
A residential fellowship at Akademie Schloss Solitude should also be understood as a future investment, as it might sometimes only bear fruit at a later date, for both the fellow and the institution.
1. International artists, scientists, scholars, and business representatives are invited to apply for fellowships in the spheres listed above.
2. The candidates should not be older than 40. Applications from students enrolled in degree programs will not be considered; PhD students may submit applications. A very limited number of fellowships can be awarded regardless of the applicants’ age.
3. It is possible to complete a creative project within the framework of the fellowship.
4. The decision regarding the fellowships’ allocation is taken by independent specialist jurors responsible for the various spheres. Fellowships are usually awarded for a period between six, nine or twelve months.
5. Applications of artist groups are possible. If you apply as part of an artist group each group member must fill in an application on their own behalf.
6. Double applications to the Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg gGmbH (Arts Foundation Baden-Württemberg) and the AkademieSchloss Solitude are not permitted. Applicants whose applications are refused during the current selection procedure may send in applications during two other rounds (maximum). Former fellows of the Akademie Schloss Solitude are not eligible.
7. Knowledge of either German and/or English is a prerequisite for application.
Applicants are asked to register on the application website of the Akademie as of March 1, 2019 and to submit an abstract (max. 250 words), a portfolio of their work, and a concept paper/essay sketch related to the topic of »Mutations« (max. 1.000 words).