2019 African Women’s Development Fund Bilingual Feminist Grant making Consultancy
Deadline: April 24, 2019.
The African Women’s Development Fund was established in June 2000, as an Africa-wide philanthropic, grant making initiative to support the realisation and fulfilment of African women’s rights through funding of autonomous women’s organisations on the continent. AWDF supports change-makers; African women’s activist organisations and individuals who have held and advanced the line on women’s rights.
The role is primarily Grant Management and includes the following:
1. Review French applications and recommend credible organisations that promote
AWDF’s mission, prepare a summary docket for management consideration
2. Conduct due diligence on selected women’s rights organisations when needed
3. Review grantee reports and provide feedback and recommendations to the Grants
and Finance teams
4. Provide translation from French into English and English into French concerning
grants as needed
5. Any other task in keeping with the role as assigned by Supervisor
1. Expert knowledge of women’s rights issues in Africa with specific knowledge of
women’s rights concerns and organisations in Francophone Africa
2. Skilled at assessing and managing grants/ project budgets to women’s rights
organisations, ideally in the context of grantmaking.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
4. Excellent interpersonal and team work skills, a positive attitude
5. Proven ability to deliver work on time
6. Post graduate level degree in gender and development, human rights or other
1. Qualified candidates should please send a cover letter, a CV of not more than 3 pages and indication of two referees by email to [email protected]
2. Kindly put in the email subject header: “Consultancy, Temporary cover- Francophone grantmaking portfolio”