2020 African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) World AIDS Day Grants
Deadline: July 13, 2020.
Every year on 1 December we commemorate World AIDS Day, as an act of
solidarity with women living with HIV and AIDS, and an opportunity to remind duty bearers and society at large to keep the focus and momentum on HIV prevention, treatment, care and support.
AWDF instituted the World AIDS Day (WAD) grants programme to support
women’s rights organisations to actively participate in the global campaign and keep African women’s priorities around HIV and AIDS on the African and global agenda. The programme seeks to support women’s organisations to raise their voices and support the leadership of women living with HIV and AIDS.
• Must have been in existence for at least 3 years
• Must be duly registered, at least with its local government structure
• Must be led by a woman and have a focus on Women’s Rights
• Must have the needed organisational structures for effective
implementation of the project
• Must have an appreciable financial management system to properly
account for funds received
• Must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project
• Must be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner
of AWDF, a well-known women’s rights organisation or the local
• Must complete the necessary application forms
• Must have an annual budget of not more than $100,000
The grant size is a US$2,000. Therefore, eligible projects should have a budget of not more than US$2,000 to be supported by AWDF funds. The grant period will be for 4 months from the date of award.
Interested small sized women’s rights organisations should send in their
proposals using the required application guidelines to the AWDF secretariat via email to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; The applicant must also
complete and include a financial management assessment form and an