2024 World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program for Ph.D. Graduate (Fully Funded)
Deadline: August 25, 2023.
The Africa regions of the World Bank Group (WBG) announce the opening of the application period for the 2024 WBG Africa Fellowship Program for Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are Sub-Saharan Africa nationals. Women are encouraged to apply. Through the fellowship, they aim to build the capacity of the next generation of African change-makers in development research and policymaking and assist poverty reduction in the region.
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
If accepted, you will:
- spend six months getting hands-on experience at the WBG headquarters in Washington D.C. or a country office. The fellowship requires in-person availability for the period January-June 2024.
- work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the WBG’s goals of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
- Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees and round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university or institution.
- Phase I: A short-list of candidates will be made available for hire to the different units of the WBG depending on the applicants’ specialization. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
- Phase II: The final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status. Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, be hired as short-term consultants for six months starting January 2024.