2024 AstraZeneca Young Health Programme Scholarship to Attend OYW Summit in Canada
Deadline: March 21, 2024.
Are you a passionate young leader actively involved in advocacy that aims to build a healthier future for young people, society, and the planet?
Are you ready to be part of a global network with other young people who are creating positive change for the future?
AstraZeneca is looking for young leaders from all corners of the world who are committed to advocacy in at least one of the following focus areas:
- Improving health equity and access – advocating to improve equitable health outcomes for all by reducing the distance between people and healthcare, particularly among marginalised and historically disadvantaged groups of young people. For example, advancing gender equity in healthcare for girls and women.
- Mitigating the impact of climate on health and healthcare – advocating for the mitigation of the harmful effects of climate change on the health and well-being of young people.
- Health system strengthening and resilience – advocating for stronger, more equitable health systems, prioritisation of youth-focused resources and collaboration across health system stakeholders.
THE FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
They know that the One Young World Summit can unlock opportunities, spark ideas, and turn plans into action. They also know that young people often experience barriers that limit access to development opportunities, especially in under-resourced communities and amongst marginalised groups.
AstraZeneca’s Young Health Programme (YHP) Impact Fellowship is designed to empower young people to build their skills, network, knowledge and inspire them to scale their impact and create even more positive change. Each year, the YHP selects young people who aim to improve equitable health outcomes for all by:
- Improve equitable access to healthcare
- Strengthen health systems
- Address climate-health issues
- Develop the next generation of health leaders and advocates
- Aged 18 – 30.*
- Proficiency in English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Ability to fully-participate in-person, at the One Young World Summit (17-22 September 2024) in Montreal, Canada.
- Willingness to share insights, help co-create commitments to action, foster partnerships, and serve as ambassadors on AZ’s health equity and YHP work where appropriate.
- Access to the internet and a device (computer, phone) that will allow them to participate in live, online Fellowship sessions – this will not be provided to Fellows.
- Selected individuals are expected to fully participate in the YHP Impact Fellowship and One Young World Summit. Any misrepresentation or inability to participate fully may jeopardise their Fellowship benefits.
*Most delegates are between the ages of 18 and 30. The selection committee will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage.
Fellows will receive:
- Full delegate access to the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montréal, Canada, from 18 – 21 September.
- Return air travel form your home country to Montréal (flights in economy only). Flights will be arranged by the OYW delegate services team.
- Shared hotel accommodation in Montréal checking in on 17 September and checking out on 22 September. Hotel accommodation will be arranged by the OYW delegate services team.
- Catering which includes:
- Dinner on 18 September
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner from 19-21 September
- Breakfast on 22 September
- A per diem of up to £48 per day spent travelling to Montréal and on the ‘pre’ and ‘post’ Summit days of 17, 18, and 22 September.
- Reimbursement of the Canada visitor visa application fee of approximately $110 Canadian Dollars (if applicable)
- Return transfer from airport to hotel via public transport.
- Access to AstraZeneca’s YHP Impact Fellowship. The Fellowship will provide a combination of live and self-taught learning and development opportunities throughout the year to help Fellows scale their impact. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Participation in an award-winning online mini-MBA program, complete with a University accreditation, 12 months of material access, and other opportunities.
- Invitation to join the YHP ALumni Group and network with other young health leaders from around the world after attending the OYW Summit.
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK