2023 Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards for Young Entrepreneurs & Innovators (Fully Funded to Berlin)
Deadline: January 26, 2023.
Over the last several decades, we have been witnessing significant economic growth in many parts of the world. At the same time, they are seeing a rise in inequality, an exacerbating climate crisis and a rising sense of disempowerment. This trend can be described as the decoupling of economic prosperity from social prosperity and environmental sustainability. The Global Solutions Initiative aims to address this trend by generating proposals to better align economic and political activities with environmental sustainability and social prosperity. With the Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards we want to recognize and reward youth-led projects and initiatives from around the world which embody this recoupling-approach.
- Young entrepreneurs or innovators who have started or are involved in a leading role in a social enterprise that aims at aligning economic activity with environmental sustainability and social prosperity.
- Young business leaders aiming at changing “business as usual” from the inside (“intrapreneurs”).
- Young non-profit actors, community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners, or implementers of social, economic, or environmental change on a local, regional or even on the global level.
- The project, business or initiative that you apply with needs to aim at recoupling, i.e. a better alignment of economic or political activities with social well-being and environmental sustainability.
- The applicant should have a leading position in the project/initiative they are applying with. (e.g. founder, co-founder, project-lead, initiator or a similar role.)
- The applicant needs to be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Applicants need to be willing and motivated to become active members of a global network which aims at bringing about lasting global change.
Are you part of such a project or initiative? Are you heading an innovative social start-up? Are you trying to change your organization from the inside? Are you supporting people in need? Are you pushing or advocating for change? Tell us about it and apply now!
They are offering a full scholarship* for the finalists of the Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards 2023 to come to Berlin and attend the 2023 Global Solutions Summit.
The scholarship includes the following:
- Travel expenses to and from Berlin**
- Accommodation for the time of the Global Solutions Summit (four nights, May 13-17, 2023)***
- Free admission to the Global Solutions Summit 2023
- Networking opportunities with great minds from academia, business, politics & civil society
- Access to an exclusive global network of like-minded Young Global Changers
- Possibilities for further engagement
All eligible applicants will…
- Become members of the extended YGC network
- Receive invitations to GSI events, workshops, contribute to on-going discussions and more.
- Become a 2023 Yong Global Changer
- Present your project on the Global Solutions website
- Connect with changemakers & experts
- Receive invitations to events and collaborative projects
- Scholarship to participate in the Global Solutions Summit 2023!
- Exclusive networking opportunities
- A chance to present your project in front of jury and an international audience
Three winners will receive
The overall winner receives a prize of € 5.000, the runner-up receives € 2.000, third place wins € 1.000.
Selected project will have a chance to receive mentoring, training and further support to help improve their project or initiative.
Complete the online application form and include all relevant information about your project. There are no costs associated with the application. For a successful submission the following information and material will need to be provided:
- Personal information (name, email address, place of residence, date and place of birth)
- Project information (name of the project, project description, connection to recoupling)
- Upload of the following documents: 1. CV, 2. project description, 3. photo of you, 4. short video (max. 5 min)
The selection and evaluation of the projects will be done by a jury. Of all projects submitted, the best 50 will be presented on our website, a minimum of 10 projects will be selected for the final round in Berlin.
The best initiatives among the finalists will be presented in front of a live jury of experts and a global audience at the Global Solutions Summit 2023 on May 15/16 in Berlin. The pitch can be held digitally or on-site. (It will not be a disadvantage if one of the finalists is not able to attend the summit in Berlin in person.)