2023 Nestlé Internal Audit program for Young Nigerians (Permanent Contract)
Deadline: March 6, 2023.
Nestlé Internal Audit (NIA) offers talented professionals the opportunity to join a diverse global team and to develop strong technical & leadership skills, which are essential cornerstones of any successful career.
Working at NIA is very hands-on. Their mission is to enhance and protect organizational value, reputation, and sustainability by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight. The Nestlé Internal Audit program, of 3 to 4 years, provides a unique opportunity to get to know all functions and businesses across the globe. Auditors travel up to 70% of the time, according to a fixed calendar. By using proven methodologies, tools and data analytics, auditors provide value added risk assurance and improvement recommendations.
A Day in the Life of an International Auditor
- Your suitcase is packed as you make an early start towards the airport. The destination for this project is Cape Town, but indeed over the past few months you’ve been able to travel to many countries across the Middle East, Pakistan and Africa and beyond.
- On landing in Cape Town, you’re united with colleagues from your project team. Working together in three-month sprints gives you the chance to build close relationships, and you really enjoy the diversity of the team.
- You arrive to the Head Office of Nestlé South Africa, and at first you meet the senior leaders of the market. They outline the challenge, and explain that your first stop will be to visit the factory to speak to operators about the ‘as is’ process. Expectations are set, introductions are made, and already your mind starts racing about the opportunities ahead.
- You start to work on assigned tasks and responsibilities in your team, and prepare your notes for the interviews you’ll conduct for the afternoon.
- That afternoon you’re off to meet the operators. This is a hands on role, so you want to understand as much as you can to be able to successfully recommend improvements.
- Exhausted, but excited, you go back to the hotel, planning for tomorrow. No two days are ever the same, but you’re excited about another opportunity to really drive our business forward across functions from marketing and sales to HR and Supply Chain.
- And here comes the weekend, and you are out to explore beautiful Cape Town after a full week of work!
What will make you successful
- Masters/Professional degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Engineering (incl. Food, Environmental …) or comparable degree.
- 1-3 years of professional business experience (e.g. Finance, Audit, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Sustainability Operations, Quality, Industrial Performance…)
- Strong overall business acumen. Finance literacy preferred.
- MS Office skills. Ability to leverage data analytics. SAP knowledge preferred.
- Working proficiency in English. Additionally, fluency in Arabic and/or French is preferred
- Team player with high degree of flexibility, persistence, curiosity, and openness to other cultures.
- Willingness to travel up to 70% of the time.