2023 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) for Africans (Fully Funded)
Deadline: February 20, 2023.
United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world class university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants. By completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
1. Only youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
- Young women and men.
- Refugees and displaced youth;
- Youth with disabilities.
2. Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Academic talent: They must value learning and have a personal motivation to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement as per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Commitment to giving back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Leadership potential: Scholars must show commitment to becoming change makers, role models and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
3. Must be interested in, and meet USIU-Africa admissions criteria and academic qualifications to undertake, any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology; Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Science in Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business Administration (CSOB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counselling and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.