2023 IFAD Agrihub Nigeria Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program
Deadline: May 2, 2023.
The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project focuses on developing the skills of unemployed Nigerian youth and aspiring agripreneurs to become self-employed or secure employment in agriculture. Through its various initiatives, the project aims to improve the livelihoods of youth in the rural economy. Agrihub intends to operate an inclusive model that provides opportunities for people with low levels of education.
To encourage youth interest in agriculture, the IFAD’s Agrihub project in partnership with the BIC Farms Concepts is providing a solid curriculum on Soilless vegetable farming for youth (male and female).
The programme includes classroom teaching, practical learning in the field, and internships. Through the training, the selected beneficiaries gain insights into starting businesses or taking up employment in the agricultural industry.
- Beneficiaries should be between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Youth must be passionate about agriculture, especially renewable energy solutions relating to agriculture and its value chain.
- The beneficiary must be unemployed when applying.
- Beneficiaries must possess at least a junior or senior secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language.
- Applicants resident in Siun/Ogere and Abeokuta, Ogun state (locations of the training facility) will be given preference.
- Applicants must have access to a functioning mobile phone.
- Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training. Applicants with specific disabilities are also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
- Applicants must be ready to commit three months to this program.
- Applicants must be willing to undergo an internship in relevant machine fabrication companies.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply