2023 Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship for International Students (Fully Funded)
Deadline: February 15, 2023.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship to Foreign Students Tenable in Brunei Darussalam for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The Scholarship provides applicants with the opportunity to pursue studies at the Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree level at the following institutions of higher education in Brunei:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB),
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan (KUPU SB) and
- Politeknik Brunei (PB).
- International students are eligible to apply for scholarships in Brunei.
- The applicant must not be a permanent resident of Brunei Darussalam.
- Be proficient in English with a Credit 6 at GCE ‘O’ Level Examination or a Grade ‘C” in IGCSE English (as a second language) or an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum score of 550.
- Not exceed the age of 25, for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes, and the age of 35, for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes, on the first day of July on the year when the course/programme starts.
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme.
- an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course.
- a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00.
- a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00.
- an annual book allowance of BND$600.00.
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic.
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region.
- comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
Documents to be uploaded in the application form (BDGS Application Form):
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Certified true copies of academic qualifications and other supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts).
- Certified English translations of supporting documents must be submitted for documents that are not in English.
- Certified true copies of Birth Certificate and Passport.
- References and recommendations from referees. (C1 and C2)
- Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/