2023 Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship for Young South Africans (Fully Funded)
Deadline: March 30, 2023.
The 2023 Curtis Fellowship is an annual leadership development program to support youth ages 18-21 from underserved communities in South Africa who embody the values of global citizenship.
To qualify, applicants must be between ages 18-21 (by time of application), a South African Citizen, have limited past travel experiences, and a family household income of under R 120,000. Those who come from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Curtis Fellows will further develop their professional and personal development through an innovative and engaging curriculum. After completion, fellows will receive letters of recommendation, guidance on future endeavours and stay connected with other Curtis Fellow alumni.
- Ages 18-21 (by time of application)
- Limited travel experience
- Family household income of under R 120 000
- Those who come from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must have a valid passport
- Must be able to reside in Gauteng full time
- Must be available five days a week
- Physical attendance is compulsory.
- Innovative & Engaging curriculum from April-December focused on personal and professional development
- All Expenses paid learning trip to New York City in late September exploring cultural institutions, meeting with industry leaders, and more (if travel permits)
- Speaker Series with various industry leaders
- Networking Opportunities & Internship Opportunities
- Access to a growing Alumni Network & many more opportunities
- Monthly stipend to be included for a part-time commitment between April-December 2023
Applicants must submit a 2-3 minute video or 500-700 word essay to [email protected] answering the following questions:
- What qualities do you identify with as an active citizen of the world?
- If selected, what lasting change would you like to achieve through the program?
- What specific socio-economic issues are you taking action on and why?
Applicants must submit a recommendation letter from a teacher/professor, school administrator, community leader, or colleague to be considered for the Curtis Fellowship.