2023 Forrest Research Foundation Post-Doctoral Fellowships (Funded Opportunity)
Deadline: May 31, 2023.
Forrest post-doctoral fellows are more than just intellectually brilliant. They are adventurous, curious, open to ideas from anywhere. They embrace unusual approaches to problem-solving and take risks others may not. They enjoy breaking with convention – the path less travelled is appealing because new frontiers offer new opportunities for discovery. They are intellectually generous and take time to understand and challenge ideas, collaborating to improve outcomes for the community and the world.
- To be eligible to apply applicants must be in their final year of PhD or no more than two years post PhD conferral.
- Applicants must reside at Forrest Hall for the duration of the Fellowship.
- Applicants must be intending to meet the requirements of a Forrest Fellow including mentoring of Forrest Scholars, ambassadorial duties for the Forrest Research Foundation and in providing leadership within Forrest Hall.
- Applicants must meet employment eligibility conditions at the nominated university.
- Researchers from all disciplines are eligible to apply.
The Forrest Research Foundation will provide funding for:
- Accommodation allowance
- Relocation and Travel Allowance
- Fellowships are available at all 5 Western Australian universities.
- Before applying, applicants must contact the research group/department where they wish to conduct their post-doctoral research and receive direct confirmation that their work will be mentored by a senior member of academic staff, and that the research group/department will provide all necessary research support. The Foundation will contact the proposed academic mentor of shortlisted applicants to request formal confirmation of their support. Applicants do not need to submit a letter of support with their application.
A completed application must include:
- Completed application form.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Publications list.
- Grants and awards list.
- Contact details for three academic referees.