2023 Eswatini Girls in ICT’ Development Program (Fully Funded)
Deadline: January 16, 2023.
The Eswatini Communications Commission (ESCCOM) has initiated a ‘Girls in ICT’ Development Program, which is aimed at young ladies who are interested in pursuing an Information, Communications, and Technology (ICT) related profession.
This scholarship is aimed at cultivating the presence and digital skills of young women and girls [aged 17-24] in the career field of STEM, particularly ICT. The program will enable young girls without the necessary economic resources, to pursue careers in the ICT space.
Students may apply for the Sponsorship if they meet the following requirements;
- Citizen of Eswatini
- Aged seventeen (17), or above, up to a maximum of twenty-four (24)
- The candidate should have credited Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) related Subjects
- Acceptance letter for an ICT-related undergraduate degree from an accredited local or South African Higher Learning Institution v. Must be of good conduct, hardworking, and have excellent academic results
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities, such as sports, community service etc. is a plus
- The sponsorship will comprise of; Fully- funded tuition Transport fees to and from, payable once every year.
- Study Permit costs, where applicable Medical aid, where applicable Prescribed textbooks.
- Monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses.
- The scholarship holder will be expected to participate in two (2) annual initiatives promoted by ESCCOM, namely the international ‘Girls in ICT’ Commemoration, and Cybersecurity Awareness Campaigns, among other initiatives.