2022 Safaricom Technology Academy Internship for Young Kenyans
Deadline: December 1, 2021.
At Safaricom PLC, they take pride in continually investing in talent to ensure that they have the best pool of resources in the market and that our interns are equipped with key learning opportunities to expose and develop their skills for the future.
They are pleased to announce internship opportunities for the year 2022 for the below skills sets;
- Database Administration
- UI Design
- Solutions Architecture
- Cyber Security
- Network Infrastructure
- Data Science
Their internship program runs for six months full time i.e. From February to July and August to January. Call for applications will only happen once in the year allowing you to indicate your full-time availability. This internship will seek to expose you to the various teams within your assigned projects.
In keeping up with our current learning needs, we are looking for candidates who meet the criteria indicated below:
- You must either be in your final year of study or graduated within the last two years.
- You must be available on full time basis for the 6 months internship period.
- Must have knowledge in at least one of these skillsets. i.e. UI Design, Database Administration, Solutions Architecture, Cyber Security, Network Infrastructure and Data Science.
- Desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn and explore the corporate environment.
- Ability to follow instructions, as well as to challenge the status quo.
- As part of the recruitment and on-boarding process the below documents will be required at a later stage.
- A recommendation letter /Completion letter/ graduation certificate from your University.
- NSSF, NHIF, KRA PIN & Bank account details
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- Good conduct & CRB certificate (not older than 12 months)
As an intern,
- You will be exposed to ‘On Job Training’ and mentorship from our experienced leaders throughout the program.
- You will work closely with different departments across organization to nurture the given skills.
- You’ll tackle business challenges that make a real impact.
- You’ll work alongside teams performing real tasks and you’ll develop your skills and build your network in a dynamic environment designed to support your long-term career objectives.
- You will gain industry experience by working with domain and technology experts.
- You will get knowledge about different Safaricom products and services.
- You will gain understanding of Agile practices and methodologies.