2022 Lateef Jakande Leadership Academy Fellowship Programme for Young Nigerians
Deadline: June 2, 2022.
The Academy is a one-year Fellowship programme initiated by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu that will offer life changing, non-partisan and meritocratic opportunities to young Nigerians who desire to impact their generation. They aim to develop future leaders by equipping them with the requisite skills to positively influence the public service and instill in them the ethics and values of purposeful leadership through direct mentoring and on-the-job training.
It is required that applicants must:
- Be a Nigerian.
- Have 3 years work experience.
- Be under 35 years old.
- Hold a minimum of HND or Bachelors’ degree.
- Have NYSC discharge/exemption certificate.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: Work experience involves shadowing Lagos State Cabinet members and this will be done on a rotational basis after 6 months into the program. Fellows will hold the position of Special Assistants in their various MDAs and will be required to send monthly reports to the Governor through the Fellowship coordinator.
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: This component will comprise, amongst other things, the following: Brown-Bag Series, Fireside Chat, Leadership Seminar, Personalized Coaching and Continuous multi-source feedback.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE: Fellows will commit to carrying out a high impact leadership project of their own choice. It will be a community transformative project. Fellows will work together yearly on a major impactful, people-centered project which is capable of improving the lives of Lagosians. And the project must be implemented within the one-year duration.
- FELLOWSHIP NETWORK: The Fellowship will create an alumnus of highly potential youth network. Fellows will benefit from formal and informal peer-to-peer coaching and learning opportunities. The aim is to promote unity despite our nation’s diversity and promoting national integration, ultimately cultivating social consciousness, shared vision and creating a strong network.
- APPLY ONLINE: You can start your journey into the Academy by simply clicking on “APPLY NOW” button above
- COMPUTER BASED TEST: Your application would be assessed and you would be shortlisted to take the Computer Based Test if you meet all criteria. The test would involve verbal, numeric and current affairs.
- ASSESSMENT CENTER: This is a series of tests and interviews including written and oral presentations, group discussions and competency assessment.
- ADMISSION: This is the final stage of your application. You would be offered a slot into the Fellowship if you are selected.