2022 Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships for National of an African Country
Deadline: October 15, 2021.
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships were established in 2011 to identify and mentor the future generation of outstanding African leaders.
Fellowships are open to young professionals, mid-career and new executives from Africa with relevant work experience and a master’s degree.
As part of its program to support member States, ECA is partnering with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation to promote leadership development through a practical and on–the–job fellowship. The program is aimed at enabling young African professionals to develop leadership capacity in a large institution, gain knowledge of the functioning of the United Nations, have a better understanding of Africa’s socio–economic challenges and contribute to the analytical, advocacy and policy advisory work of the Commission. The Mo Ibrahim Foundation (the “Foundation”), is financing this Fellowship position in the ECA. The Fellow will perform the duties and responsibilities of the position at the headquarters of ECA in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- National of an African country
- Minimum 7 years’ of relevant work experience
- Master’s degree
- Under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
- Any additional criteria as set by the host
- This position is NOT a regular position of the United Nations Secretariat/ ECA. The Fellow will work with the ECA for a period not exceeding twelve (12) months and the Foundation will finance an annual stipend which will be paid monthly by the ECA
- All expenses related to the Fellow’s official mission travel, including travel insurance will be met by the ECA
- The Foundation will invite the Fellow to participate in its annual Forum
- The travel costs for the assumption of duty and repatriation at the end of the appointment will be borne and paid out of the funds provided by the Foundation.
African Development Bank (AfDB)
International Trade Centre (ITC)
United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA)