2022 Apply to join the Youth Advisory Group for IAVE’s Global Youth Volunteering Summit
Deadline: March 20, 2021.
IAVE exists to promote, strengthen and celebrate volunteering in all of the myriad ways it happens throughout the world. With members in 70+ countries, we are the connective tissue of a global network of leaders of volunteering, NGOs, businesses and volunteer centers that share a belief in the power of volunteers to make a significant strategic contribution to resolving the world’s most pressing problems.
Every 10 years IAVE celebrates the Global Youth Volunteering Summit (GYVS), an event, made by youth and for youth, that seeks to connect young volunteers from all regions of the world. The 1st Summit was in Tokyo, Japan in 2001, and the 2nd Summit took place in Barranquilla, Colombia, in 2011. The next Summit will be in Edmonton, Canada in 2022.
The Youth Advisory Group is responsible for co-producing the conference with MacEwan University and IAVE. This group will ensure that all planning and development is taken forward with a youth-led approach and with a global perspective. The group will comprise of young people ages 16-30 from around the world (50% from Edmonton, the host city) and would commit to being involved in the planning process for 12-18 moths prior to the event.
They are looking for young people between the ages of 16-30 who:
- Hold leadership roles in their volunteering organizations
- Have experience in planning, managing and supervising youth conferences
- Can commit 10 hours per week for first 12 months and 15-18 hours in the 6 months leading up to the Summit.
- Can travel to Canada for the Summit.
- Have devices with adequate internet access to attend online meetings.
- Have basic proficiency in English (oral and written).
An ideal candidate is:
- Nonjudgemental and a team player
- Motivated, honest and creative
- Aware of global and regional trends in youth volunteering
- Committed and solution oriented
- Opportunity to shape the outcome of an exciting, once in a lifetime global event.
- Opportunity to learn what trends are shaping youth volunteering.
- Build an exciting agenda for attendees from around the world.
- Develop inspiring projects related to youth volunteerism.
- Connect with hundreds of young people from all over the world.
- Inspire and activate keynotes and workshops with relevant stakeholders.
- Share your knowledge expertise and culture with your global peers.
- Opportunity to travel to Canada to attend the Summit in person!