2021 Yunus & Youth Global Fellowship for Social Entrepreneurs
Deadline: June 20, 2021.
The Yunus & Youth Global Fellowship (Y&Y Fellowship) is a virtual, six-month program that is designed specifically for operating social businesses. The program is free, with no fee or equity stake required, and the application season is now open for the seventh global cohort.
They’re looking for candidates who:
- Lead an early-stage social business that solves a social or environmental issue aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Hold primary decision-making power in the growth and strategic vision of their social business, typically as a founder or managing director
- Can dedicate at least 5 hours per week to the Y&Y Fellowship
- Will contribute to the growth and development of the Y&Y community
- Can communicate effectively in English
- Are between the ages of 18 and 30, with exceptions for outstanding applicants outside that range
- Y&Y Fellows access training on an online platform, including interactive assignments designed to help Fellows build a strong business plan.
- The Y&Y team works closely with each Y&Y Fellow to connect them with the specialized tools and training they need.
- Y&Y Fellows are matched with mentors from Fortune 500 companies, bringing know-how from the private sector.
- Y&Y offers Fellows the opportunity to learn from top social business thinkers, such as Professor Muhammad Yunus and researchers from prominent institutions.
- At the end of the program, Y&Y Fellows pitch to a panel of investors with deep knowledge of social businesses.
- Y&Y Fellows become part of a network of social business leaders, building close ties that last long after their cohort graduates.