2021 Women’s Peace & Humanitarian Fund Call for Proposals from CSOs in Nigeria
Deadline: March 12, 2021.
WPHF seeks to fund qualifying local organizations and projects led by and working alongside forcibly displaced women in Nigeria that are high impact, innovative and contribute directly to the following objectives:
- Promote improved socio-economic recovery and political participation of women and girls in peacebuilding contexts;
- Reinforce the institutional capacity of civil society organizations working on women and girls in forced displacement.
- International, national and local women- led, women’s rights, feminist, youth rights, refugee or IDPled civil society organizations with a proven track record working with women and girls as well as forcibly displaced people, are eligible to apply.
- Grassroots and local community-based organizations are particularly encouraged to apply. Joint projects are allowed and encouraged.
- To be considered a “Women’s Rights or Feminist Organization,” the organization’s official mission/vision statement must reflect its commitment to addressing multiple/intersecting forms of discrimination and advancing gender equality and women’s rights. The organization must aim to address the underlying rivers/systems/structures, including patriarchy and gendered power dynamics, and work to transform these.
- “Women-led organization” must be headed by a woman as director/head of organization.
- Other CSOs must demonstrate experience in addressing issues faced by forcibly displaced people (e.g. refugees, internally displaced people, asylum seekers) and promoting gender equality and/or women’s rights.
This call for proposals makes available financing for local civil society organizations in Nigeria through two primary funding streams:
Funding Stream 1: Institutional funding from 2,500 USD to 30,000 USD: To provide institutional financing to local civil society organizations working with women and girls in forced displacement, aiming to reinforce the institutional capacity of their organizations.
Funding Stream 2: Programmatic funding from 30,000 USD to 200,000 USD: To finance projects that implement programmatic activities aligned with WPHF Outcome 6 (above) contributing to enhanced socio-economic recovery and the political participation of women and girls in peacebuilding settings.
- Applications are accepted in English. Only applications in these languages will be accepted.
- You may not make changes to your application after it is submitted.
- Application packages should be emailed to: [email protected]
- Applications can be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. No other formats will be accepted. Legal registration certificates can be submitted in jpeg, doc., docx., or pdf format. All documents should be submitted together as a package.