2021 Women Techsters Fellowship for African Women
Deadline: February 27, 2021.
Women Techsters will train 5 million African women over the next 10 years through series of activities holding simultaneously across the continent. The activities include Open Days, Masterclasses, Bootcamps, and a Fellowship.
The Women Techsters Initiative is set out to achieve the following:
1. To empower African women to establish start-ups or technology-enabled businesses to build an entrepreneurial mindset in them.
2. To support women to become digitally enabled, social champions, and owners of businesses
3. To bridge the digital divide between men and women in the technology space while contributing to economic growth
4. To ultimately improve the socio-economy of the African continent by providing skills that will elevate women from poverty
The first 3 months will be for the technical training, followed by a 2-week soft skill training, and a six-month internship program. The learning paths for this training are:
1. Software Development
2. Product Design (UI/UX)
4. Product Management
5. Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Engineering
- This year, they will admit girls and women between the ages of 16 to 40 years into the fellowship program.
- Only women in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, and Egypt should apply.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://womentechsters.org/programs.html