2021 Women In News (WIN) Leadership Accelerator Program
Deadline: Janaury 31, 2021.
WIN Leadership Accelerator is an intensive, nine-month long career and leadership programme for journalists and editors working in Africa, the Arab Region and Southeast Asia. The programme accepts 100-150 applicants, annually.
- Women media professionals from the following countries are eligible to apply: Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe (WIN Africa), Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine (WIN Arab Region), Myanmar and Vietnam (Southeast Asia).
- The WIN Leadership Accelerator is targeted at mid to senior level editors and journalists in WIN’s intervention markets.
- Participants must have two to three years of experience managing people or processes and be working in the media sector – print or digital newspapers, radio and, in some cases, broadcast.
- They recognise that gender is not binary. All media professionals who are women identifying, as well as non-binary people, are welcome to apply to the Accelerator.
Successful applicants to the WIN Leadership Accelerator programme benefit from the following:
1. One-on-one coaching to create a three-to-five year career roadmap: Develop your career management plan and learn how to implement it. Coach and mentee meet individually on five occasions with follow-up sessions. Our coaches use global best practices, customised specifically for the WIN Accelerator.
2. Certified Media Management training: Regional and global experts drawn from the WIN and WAN-IFRA extended community deliver training on: newsroom management, financial management, operationalising digital strategy and the business of news. Delivered in person and via -learning platforms.
3. Gender Balance in Content training: Get exposed to tools and tactics to help you and your organisation achieve more balanced and representative content.
4. Managing Sexual Harassment training: Tools and procedures to protect yourself and members of your team from sexual harassment in the newsroom and in the field.
5. Leadership Hubs: National or regional in-person and virtual gatherings that will help to develop personal and career management strategies and build professional networks.
*COVID-19 Precautions: Given the ongoing risks from COVID-19, the WIN Leadership Accelerator is currently offered entirely and exclusively online through virtual meetings, webinars and training. This approach will continue until it’s safe to resume in-person events, based on local and regional conditions.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://womeninnews.org/win-accelerator/