2021 WISE Awards for Innovative Projects Addressing Global Educational Challenges.
Deadline: December 20, 2020.
Each year, the WISE Awards recognize and promote six successful and innovative projects that are addressing global educational challenges. Since 2009, WISE has received more than 3,000 applications from over 150 countries. Today, 72 projects have been awarded, from a wide variety of sectors and locations for their innovation, positive contribution and ability to adapt and scale.
These projects represent a growing resource of expertise and sound educational practice. Every year WISE is building a community of educational innovators that offers a fertile environment for groundbreaking collaborations. Today the WISE Awards network comprises pioneering projects that are bringing positive change to societies and communities.
A. The 2020 WISE Awards submission procedure accepts both applications and nominations.
B. Ongoing/existing education projects run by any type of organization such as colleges, universities, academic networks, schools consortia, civil society and community organizations, governments, international agencies and private-sector companies working in the field of education are invited to apply or nominate.
C. Projects can also belong to any education sector such as pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, higher education, special needs education, education for people with disabilities, informal learning, and distance-based, non-formal and lifelong learning.
D. Finally, projects from any part of the world can apply or be nominated for the WISE Awards.
E. Applications should be for original works and projects, and should be submitted by a representative working within the project. All applicants should therefore guarantee that their organization, or they themselves, originated the project, and should not hold WISE liable for any action or claim from a third party with respect to the project submitted.
F. Nominations can be submitted by persons external to the organization running the project, this could be a beneficiary, partnering organization, government agency…etc. Nominators will be requested to identify themselves in the submission form, although this information will be kept confidential by WISE, nominators may or may not request information from the project in order to best fill out the nomination form. However, WISE will contact nominated projects if they are shortlisted for the Pre-Jury evaluation.
G. Anyone who has submitted a previous application to the WISE Awards can submit a new application for the same – or for a different – project.
H. Previous recipients of the WISE Awards are not eligible to apply for the 2020 WISE Awards. Moreover, others involved in the projects and/or activities that have received previous WISE Awards are not eligible to apply on behalf of the same project or activity.
Winning projects are supported by WISE through different channels:
- Money Prize: Each WISE Awards winning project will receive US$20,000.
- WISE Communications: Projects recognized by WISE are featured on the website, showcased and shared with the WISE community via social media.
- Multimedia productions: Special documentaries and videos are produced to showcase the work of the winning projects.
- WISE Books: Several WISE Awards finalists and winning projects have been featured in WISE Books which explore current challenges and solutions facing 21st-century education.
- The Global Summit and [email protected]: Representatives from Award winning projects are also given the opportunity to present and discuss their work at dedicated sessions during the global biennial summit in Doha, Qatar or WISE regional summits, [email protected] In addition, projects are offered an opportunity to participate in global events organized in collaboration with WISE.
- Support to other WISE programs: Representative of former winning projects have been involved in other WISE projects, either through mentorship, participation in the selection processes, and fellowship programs.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://www.wise-qatar.org/wise-works/wise-awards/