2021 VLIR-UOS Masters Scholarship at a Flemish University, Belgium
Deadline: March 1, 2021.
International master programmes (ICPs) are accredited (advanced or initial) master programmes (EQF 7) consisting of 2 or 4 semesters (60 or 120 ECTS respectively) on a subject that is relevant to or specific for sustainable development. We support a selection of 15 ICPs and provide 12 scholarships per ICP programme.
VLIR-UOS provides scholarships to follow one of the 15 selected international master programs (ICP). The programs are all taught in English and are organised at one of the Flemish universities, ranking among the best in Europe.
You can only apply for a scholarship if you meet the following requirements:
- Nationality and country of residence: A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the 31 eligible countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of the application.
- Age: The maximum age for a master programme candidate is 35 for an initial master and 45 for an advanced master. The candidate cannot exceed this age on the first of January of the intake year.
- Professional background and experience: Priority is given to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, the social economy or NGOs, or who aim at a career in one of these sectors. However, master candidates employed in the profit sector or newly graduated candidates without any work experience can be eligible for the scholarship as well, depending on their motivation and profile.
- Fungibility with other VLIR-UOS funding: Candidates working in a university where we already fund IUC, TEAM or SI projects, can receive an ITP-ICP scholarship if they clearly motivate the reason of their application and clarify why the participation at the ICP programme cannot be funded as part of the existing IUC, Team or SI programme or project funds.
- VLIR-UOS scholarship applications and previously awarded scholarships: A candidate can only submit one scholarship application to us per year – irrespective of the scholarship type – and can therefore only be selected for one of our scholarships per year.
- The Master programme candidate has never received a scholarship from the Belgian government to attend a master programme or equivalent or was never enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution to attend a master programme or equivalent before the first of January of the intake year.
- Interested candidates from 31 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America can apply for a full scholarship.
They only provide scholarships for the full duration of the master programme.