2021 US-Russia Social Expertise Exchange (SEE) Fellowship Program
Deadline: March 1, 2021.
The US-Russia Social Expertise Exchange (SEE) is pleased to announce the Round 13 launch of its Independent Professionals Initiative. Russian and American professionals seeking to collaborate with international partner(s) in joint pursuit of solutions to issues in one of the four following socially-oriented themes are invited to apply:
- Arctic and Environmental Conservation
- Indigenous Peoples’ Empowerment
- Disability and Inclusion
- Public Health
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the Russian Federation or the United States.
- Have a proven academic and/or professional track-record in one or more of SEE’s thematic areas (Arctic and Environmental Conservation, Indigenous Peoples’ Empowerment, Disability and Inclusion, and Public Health).
- Be actively affiliated with organizations or institutions that relate to one or more of SEE’s thematic areas.
- Must not have a project that directly engages in political activism, public policy reform, or the influence of public opinion.
- Demonstrate professional proficiency in both the English and Russian languages or provide a plan to overcome linguistic barriers while traveling and communicating with host organization counterparts.*
- Have not previously participated as a SEE Invited Professional, Independent Professional, Special Exchange Participant, Emerging Professional, or Advanced Practitioner Fellow.
- Must not be affiliated with federal, regional, state, and local government bodies or federal academic and research institutions (except for full-time students).
- Applicants may request a stipend of up to $1,200 for implementation of activities connected to their proposed project.
- In addition to the $1,200 stipend, EF will also organize and fund travel and logistics for SEE Independent Professionals, including international and domestic transportation (economy class), visas, lodging, and health insurance. EF will also provide a per diem living allowance.
The application can be accessed using EF’s grant management system.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://www.usrussiasocialexpertise.org/apply-to-become-a-see-fellow/