2021 United Nations Population Fund Lagos Sub-Office Youth Participatory Platform Program for Young People in South-West, Nigeria
Deadline: February 7, 2021.
The United Nations Population Funds, (UNFPA), is an International Development Agency that works to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
The UNFPA Liaison office, based in Lagos, is currently looking for young Nigerians based in South-West Nigeria interested in becoming members of its Youth Participatory Platform (hereinafter the YPP).
The YPP will serve as an interface between UNFPA and young people to ensure that the priorities of young people are reflected in the programs of UNFPA and that their advice is used to better address their needs.
A YPP member will be a young woman or man who is:
– Between 15 and 24 years old.
– In or out of school and could be affiliated with a civil society organization.
– Based in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, and Ekiti State.
– Knowledgeable and/or have experience in UNFPA-related issues and demonstrates interest in and knowledge of their State and of the local and/or youth community.
– Able to express views effectively in both oral and written communication forms (At least Basic English and/or local language).
– Willing to advocate for the inclusion of youth priorities in UNFPA-sponsored programs and activities in the State and the local and/or youth community.
– Committed to promote the diversity of expressions and heritage of the multiplicity of cultures, ethnicities, and identities of youth in the South.
– Is or was a member of a group, an association, or organization working on youth and/or UNFPA-related issues.
– Willing to commit time to the activities of the YPP (between 2 to 3 hours per month, or more, depending on projects and activities).