2021 UN Global Compact SDG Pioneers Program for Young Leaders
Deadline: March 15, 2021.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) lay out a clear vision for a sustainable future and shape a new era for business. As part of our Making Global Goals Local Business campaign, each year, the UN Global Compact celebrates a group of SDG Pioneers — business leaders who are doing an exceptional job to advance the Global Goals through the implementation of our Ten Principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
In our search for the 2021 cohort of SDG Pioneers, we encourage professionals working at any level of a UN Global Compact-participating company who are leveraging a principles-based approach to set ambitious, scalable and impactful SDG targets to apply.
- Professionals who are working at any level of a UN Global Compact Participant or Signatory company are eligible to apply or be nominated. To check whether an organization is a UN Global Compact Participant or Signatory company, please search the participant list online.
- For the 2021 cohort of SDG Pioneers, only companies who were participants of the UN Global Compact on 30 June 2020 and have submitted at least one Communication on Progress (CoP) are eligible to apply.
- The UN Global Compact reserves the right to remove the SDG Pioneer recognition if the company and/or individual is later deemed to be a reputational risk to the SDG Pioneer campaign and/or the UN Global Compact initiative.
- The 2021 cohort of UN Global Compact SDG Pioneers will be announced and celebrated on 15 June 2021 at the Leaders Summit in New York.
- The SDG Pioneers will receive visibility and be recognized for the outstanding work that they have done to advance the Sustainable Development Goals.
Nominations for the global round open 11 January 2021. Please complete the online submission form, which is available here. To nominate someone, click here.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://www.unglobalcompact.org/sdgs/sdgpioneers