2021 Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
Deadline: February 18, 2021.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and region.
The programme is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders. Usually 4-6% of the applicants are awarded a Global Professionals scholarship.
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship programme. Read more about country of citizenship
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by the 9th of April 2021.
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or civil society.
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience
- The master’s studies must be eligible for SI scholarships. They give the highest priority to specific subject areas.
- They are looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region; and also have a clear idea of how a study programme in Sweden would benefit their country and region.
- Priority will be given to applicants with a strong and relevant professional background and demonstrated leadership experience.
- SI fully covers your tuition fees to the Swedish university you are attending. This is paid directly by SI at the beginning of each semester.
- You will receive a regular payment of SEK 10,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the scholarship. This payment is given monthly throughout the scholarship period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you gain membership to the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and to further develop yourself professionally. The local networks exist worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
- For Bangladesh; Bolivia; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe the scholarship also includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russian Federation, Turkey or Ukraine. The scholarship also includes a travel grant of SEK 10,000 for the entire study period.This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
A complete application consists of:
- Motivation letter
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of your valid passport
Documents for the scholarship application (2021/2022):
Motivation Letter Form SISGP_SISSA 2021-2022
Letter of Reference Form Global Professionals 2021-2022
Proof of Work and Leadership Experience Form Global Professionals 2021-2022
OFFICIAL LINK: https://si.se/en/apply/scholarships/swedish-institute-scholarships-for-global-professionals/