2021 Swedish Institute Management Programme for Africans
Deadline: March 21, 2021.
Are you a changemaker who wants to become part of a network of progressive business leaders? Join the Swedish Institute Management Programme Africa to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices.
SIMP builds on Sweden’s prominent position in innovation and sustainable business and its connection to the global economy. The programme provides methods, concepts and practical applications from leading experts in the key aspects of sustainability. Through this hands-on approach, you will meet several companies from Sweden and the Eastern Africa region to discuss their sustainability work and explore their challenges. In addition to external experts, SIMP builds on the expertise and extensive experience within the group and creates a strong network between participants, with much time dedicated to peer learning and teambuilding.
You are welcome to submit your application if you fulfil the following:
- You aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy.
- You are in a leading position within trade, industry or the public sector.
- You have a mandate to influence the strategy for your organisation.
- You want to share and build on the competences and knowledge you gain from the programme within your organisation.
- You are willing to support your fellow participants and share your experience and knowledge with them.
- You are between 25 and 45 years old (born 1976–1996).
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- You have a post secondary education.
- You are a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia.
- You are keen to take part in a highly interactive online course and look forward to connecting digitally.
- An exclusive suite of workshops, lectures and visits with highly-acclaimed speakers selected specifically for their competence, clarity, and high level of audience engagement.
- A thorough understanding of the principles of sustainable business with a focus on human rights, climate and the environment, decent working conditions and anti-corruption.
- A strong set of skills to drive change in your own organisation through responsible leadership.
- Knowledge to let you work with Design Thinking as a method to develop creative and sustainable solutions to complex problems.
- A network of leaders who are committed to sustainable business and responsible leadership with whom you will grow and learn from to build lasting business relationships.
- Insights into business cases for sustainability in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice.
- And overall, the opportunity to grow and develop in the programme’s focus areas – it is up to you to make the most of the experience and engage to the extent you can.
- Training and content
- Conference facilities if the pandemic situation allows for physical meetings in the capital of each country included in SIMP Africa.
Create your application online in the application portal. Filling in the application form online takes about 60 min or more and there is no session saving possibility. Kindly have the following ready before starting to fill the application:
- Passport size photo of yourself
- Recommendation letter
Kindly note that CV and photo are mandatory. The recommendation letter is optional; however, it will be an added advantage in the evaluation process. A template for the recommendation letter and desired information to be included in it can be found here.