2021 Southern Africa Climate Finance Partnership (SACFP) Postgraduate Scholarships
Deadline: November 30, 2020.
The Southern Africa Climate Finance Partnership (SACFP) invites postgraduates to apply for scholarships that will begin in February 2021. The call for scholarships seeks to offer 4 postgraduate students to undertake postgraduate researched-based degrees focused on climate finance.
- Completed an Honours and/or Masters degree in related fields such as economics, natural resources management, finance, geography, or development studies within the last 5 years.
- Must independently secure university admission prior to the scholarship being awarded.
- The MSc or PhD thesis topic must be related to climate finance and approved by the SACFP Principal Investigator.
- A minimum research output of two publications from the PhD candidate, and at least 1 publication from the Master’s candidates to be submitted to a peer-reviewed journal.
- The student will be co-supervised by the SACFP Principal Investigator, in addition to an academic supervisor at the university.
- Preference will be given to SADC citizens and permanent resident
The value of the master’s scholarship award is ZAR 117 000 pp/pa. The PhD scholarship award will be calculated based on the eligible expenses of the field of study. The scholarship will run for 2 years for Masters candidates and 3 years for PhD candidates starting in February 2021.
To apply for the scholarships, please complete this Google Form. Only applications received via the google form will be considered. The following documents are required:
• A comprehensive CV showing previous research experience.
• A motivation letter explaining why you want to join the programme and your research interests.
• Up to two reference letters with a preference for at least one letter to be from an academic.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://southsouthnorth.org/sacfp-postgraduate-scholarships-2021/