2021 RUFORUM MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for Young Africans
Deadline: March 31, 2021.
Mastercard Foundation has partnered with the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM; www.ruforum.org), a network of 138 universities in 38 African countries to Transform African Agricultural Universities (TAGDev) to meaningfully contribute to Africa’s
growth and development. The aim of the partnership is to transform African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation.
Under this partnership, 110 undergraduate and 110 Masters Scholarships will be provided over a period of eight years. The scholarships target academically deserving yet economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities and those coming from conflict and post conflict areas
of Africa. The scholarships are tenable at Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda.
- Be a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota
- Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota
- Be from economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities, coming from conflict and post conflict areas.
- Be less than 30 years by the deadline of the application.
- The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programs in the University of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University). Continuing students are NOT eligible.
- For admission into the two universities, one must have completed a relevant Bachelor Degree with a second class honours, upper division.
- Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrate commitment to leadership.
- Have commitment to working in agriculture, agricultural value chains and rural development.
- Have a strong commitment to community engagement and transformation.
The RUFORUM Technical Committee (RTC) has identified the following priority programs for the academic year 201/2022 as eligible for application and to be supported.
- Master of Science in Food Security and Community Nutrition
- Master of Science in Agri-enterprises Development
- Master of Science in Agribusiness Management
- Master of Science in Animal Nutrition
- Master of Science in Food Science
OFFICIAL LINK: https://www.ruforum.org/MCF/mcfruforum-scholarships-20212022