2021 Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) for Masters Program
Deadline: June 10, 2021.
Applications for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) are now open. The scholarships offer a unique opportunity to study a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle-income Commonwealth country.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime. Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
- The QECS awards are only hosted by low and middle income countries. Therefore these awards will not be hosted in Canada, the UK or Australia.
- QECS are available for master’s degrees only.
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
- The University of the South Pacific (USP)
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Pretoria (UP)
- University of Venda
- University of Colombo
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura Sri Lanka (USJ)