2021 OneBeat Virtual Residency Program for Emerging Musical Leaders from Around the world
Deadline: March 10, 2021.
OneBeat Virtual will digitally convene 70 musicians from up to 44 countries and territories in two separate virtual residencies taking place July 12 – September 6, 2021 and September 20 – November 17, 2021. Each program will offer a fully virtual residency and exchange program with musicians from around the globe. Over the course of 8-weeks, OneBeat Virtual Fellows will investigate new forms of virtual collaboration, form ensembles to write, produce, and perform genre-defying work, attend virtual masterclasses and open-studios, lead online workshops, and produce a streaming final concert for the public.
- Applicants must be 19 or older by the time of the program (July 2021) and 35 or younger at the end of the program (November 2021).
- OneBeat Virtual Fellows must currently live full-time in one of the 44 eligible countries and territories.
- They also seek applicants who have not had extensive global exchange and performance opportunities in the U.S. and Abroad.\
- Eligible Countries and Territories – Albania, Algeria, Barbados, Bolivia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, Greenland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, United States, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Zimbabwe
- Applicants should be able to converse in and understand basic English, as it will be the common language of the OneBeat Virtual program.
- All Fellows should actively use email and be able to connect to the internet to participate in web-based activities. All OneBeat Virtual Fellows must have access to a laptop or equivalent smart device (with camera) and a reliable internet connection to participate in the program.
Fellows will receive a $1,500 USD honorarium, a per diem for online work sessions, and, based on individual need, a small subsidy for technical support
OFFICIAL LINK: https://1beat.org/apply/