2021 OneBeat Lebanon Residency Program for lebanon and U.S. based Musicians
Deadline: February 26, 2021.
OneBeat is accepting applications for OneBeat Lebanon, the fifth installment of its OneBeat Abroad series. OneBeat Lebanon will digitally convene 10 Lebanon-based musicians and two U.S.-based musicians for an intensive residency to co-create original work and to develop civically engaged music initiatives. During the 3-week intensive digital residency, 12 OneBeat Lebanon Fellows will form ensembles to write, record, produce, and perform genre-defying work, re-invent existing music, lead online workshops with refugee youth, attend virtual masterclasses and produce a streaming final concert for the public.
- Applicants must be between 19 – 35 during the dates of program: July 5 – July 26, 2021
- Musicians from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, with or without formal musical training.
- They welcome music of all genres, including but not limited to: traditional/folk, hip hop, experimental, electronic, jazz, classical, sound design, beat-making, multimedia art, or any combination of these styles.
- In additional to full-time professional musicians, they also invite adventurous musicians who double as community organizers, instrument builders, writers, videographers, musicologists, educators, storytellers, dancers, shadow-puppeteers, and more.
- OneBeat Lebanon offers Fellows the chance to develop new material, establish lifelong musical partnerships and friendships, learn new marketable skills and develop professional connections.
- Participating artists will also receive both a $1,500 USD honorarium as well as stipend for purchasing necessary audio equipment and enhanced internet connectivity.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://1beat.org/apply/