2021 One Ocean Hub Deep Emotional Engagement Programme Fund
Deadline: March 26, 2021.
One Ocean Hub is an international programme of research for sustainable development, working to promote fair and inclusive decision-making for a healthy ocean whereby people and planet flourish.
To foster the themes of our research, the Hub has initiated the ‘Deep Emotional Engagement Programme (DEEP) Fund’ to commission artistic responses that capture connections with the sea and extend local creative economies. The DEEP Fund supports creative projects that communicate emotional bonds with the sea to a wide audience including policy and decision makers, researchers, businesses and the public at large.
- Projects must be based in Namibia, Ghana, Solomon Islands or Fiji.
2. Projects must be conducted by individuals, collectives, non-government organisations, community sector groups or not-for-profit civil society.
Proposals that are not eligible:
- Projects aimed at offsetting a deficit, repaying a debt or paying interest
- Projects sustaining ongoing activities with recurring costs
- Projects financing permanent working spaces and/or equipment, exclusively
- Projects financing capital works, physical construction or the restoration of buildings
- Projects affiliated with government agencies or political parties
- Projects affiliated with commercial businesses and/or advertising campaigns
- Projects that are environmentally hazardous or destructive
- Projects that require funds for non-ODA country based artist and/or researcher costs and expenses
Available project funding ranges between £5,000 and £20,000, although in exceptional circumstances this amount may be increased. Projects will be expected to last between 6 and 12 months, from commissioning to deliverables and final reporting.
Applications must be submitted on the downloadable form available here.