2021 MiDA Advisors Women Empowerment Mentoring and Incubation (“WE>MI”) Fund Manager Program
Deadline: May 10, 2021.
MiDA Advisors is pleased to serve as the implementing partner for the inaugural Women Empowerment Mentoring and Incubation (“WE>MI”) Fund Manager Program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”) with the Southern African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (“SAVCA”) as the local programming partner.
WE>MI is a 13-month mentoring and incubation initiative that seeks to increase the number of investable women-owned and women-managed fund managers in Southern African by providing necessary technical assistance and investment facility support to mobilize local and international investments to participating funds.
WE>MI is targeted at:
- supporting women-owned and women-managed fund managers with an existing investment thesis;
- who are in the process of raising a fund, or who are close to or have reached ‘First Close’ of their fund (i.e. reached its first threshold amount of funds required to commence investments and close deals), and that is aimed at benefitting the Southern African region; and
- who could benefit from skills development assistance, investment support and investment readiness assistance.
Fund management firms that are:
- 51% Southern African women-owned* and
- 51% Southern African women-managed* and
- private equity or debt equity or infrastructure fund managers:
- with an existing investment thesis
- who are in the process of raising a fund, or are close to or at ‘First Close’ (i.e. has reached its first threshold amount of funds required to commence investment and close deals)
- that is operational within the Southern African region i.e. directly benefits the Southern African region
WE>MI will provide participants with:
- Technical assistance, including skills development in the form of workshops and masterclasses, one-on-one mentoring and facilitated access to resource partners; and
- Investment support facilitation, focused on providing fund management firms with investment support and investment readiness assistance to increase the success rate for capital raising.
Participant graduates will have the opportunity to pitch their funds to key investment sources in the United States, Africa, and Europe.