2021 MEAE/MESRI Visiting Fellowship Program for Young Researchers
Deadline: May 3, 2021.
The Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE) in partnership with the Ministry of Higher Education for Research and Innovation (MESRI) have launched a visiting fellowship program to welcome young researchers wishing to carry out their research in France as part of a “One Health” approach.
- Foreign researchers holding a doctoral degree for less than 5 years can respond to this call for proposals.
- All nationalities are eligible except the French one.
- 40 fellowships will be awarded to the young researchers over a 12-month period from January 2022.
- When reviewing applications, particular attention will be paid to ensure geographic diversity of the MOPGA 4th call laureates. As such, 7 fellowships will be reserved for young researchers from sub-Saharan African countries (list given below, excluding South Africa).
List of the 49 sub-Saharan African countries (excluding South Africa): Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Uganda, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, St. Helena, Sao Tome Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Chad, Togo, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The fellowship includes the following benefits:
– Monthly allowance of 2,500 euros
– Moving allowance of 500 euros
– Support for social security coverage
– Support for health insurance
Applicants must submit their research project online on the following link: https://campusfrance.smapply.io/prog/MOPGA4 with the following supporting documents:
1. Your CV with the list of your publications in English (4 pages maximum)
2. Copy of your PhD diploma
3. CV of your research supervisor in the French host institution for the visiting fellowship (2 pages maximum)
4. Letter of support from the French host institution
5. Letters of recommendation (maximum 3)
6. Copy of your Passport or National ID