2021 McDonnell International Scholars Academy Fellowship at Washington University
Deadline: January 31, 2021.
The McDonnell International Scholars Academy is pleased to invite applications to its fellowship program for the 2021 academic year.
Their fellowship opportunity is open to prospective students applying to pursue an eligible full-time graduate or professional degree program at Washington University in St. Louis.
This fellowship opportunity is open to prospective students applying to pursue an eligible full-time graduate or professional degree program at Washington University in St. Louis. Applicants from all countries are welcome.
- Priority is given to international graduate and professional candidates who are graduates of one of the Academy’s partners universities.
- Domestic (U.S.) citizens who have spent most of their life and earned previous degrees in the United States are eligible to apply to as U.S. Scholars.
- International graduate and professional candidates from international universities outside the partner network are eligible to apply as Global Scholars.
McDonnell Scholars receive both financial and programmatic support:
- full tuition scholarship
- a monthly living stipend
- annual travel allowance
- cultural and leadership training
- individual mentorship by a dedicated faculty
- global network of students and alumni from across countries and disciplines.
In selecting our Scholars, we consider the following:
- Academic distinction: Scholars are selected on the basis of their academic talent, promise and ambition to become future leaders in academia, government, the professions, or the corporate world.
- Global mindset: Scholars share a global outlook, embrace difference, and express interest in broader social and cultural issues. They are committed to engaging in dialogue across disciplines and cultures.
- Leadership: Scholars demonstrate a desire and potential to generate positive change in their communities and around the world. They are committed to engaging in the Academy’s platform for leadership development and communication acumen.
- Community: Scholars become part of a diverse, close-knit community. They share a commitment to engaging in the Academy’s academic, professional and social activities and to strengthening ties across our global network of partners.