2021 Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumni Leveraging Innovations in New Communities (LINC) Grant
Deadline: February 15, 2021.
The U.S. Department of State and IREX are excited to announce that applications for the Leveraging Innovations in New Communities (LINC) Grant program, a unique collaboration opportunity for Alumni of the Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders, are now open.
The goal of LINC Grants is to facilitate deeper collaborative engagement between Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumni across countries and cohorts. LINC Grants provide Alumni of all cohort years funds to pursue professional collaborations within the Fellowship’s Alumni Network. Examples of LINC collaborations include joint service projects or trainings, job shadowing or mentoring arrangements, or joint research or teaching.
Applications meeting the following criteria will be eligible for LINC Grants:
• Alumni (Team Leads and Collaborators) are from any Mandela Washington Fellowship year (2014-2019)
• Alumni (Team Leads and Collaborators) have completed and submitted the Alumni Contact Information and Biography Form before the LINC application deadline
• Alumni and LINC collaboration activities are based in Sub-Saharan Africa. Same-country collaborations (i.e., where the Team Lead and Collaborator live anywhere within the same country) are permitted, though collaborations between Alumni residing in different countries are strongly encouraged.
• Alumni are not employees or immediate family members of employees of the U.S. Government (including U.S. Embassies, USAID, and other U.S. Government entities)
• LINC collaboration does not exceed four weeks
• LINC collaboration is consistent with one or more of the following strategic priority areas:
o Cultivating Economic Prosperity through Women’s Entrepreneurship
o Fostering International Trade through Business Partnerships
o Advancing Peace through Conflict Prevention and Reconciliation
o Promoting Access to Quality Education
o Innovating in Science & Technology
Alumni may apply for LINC grants of up to $4,000 for in-person collaborations in one partner’s home country, or up to $2,700 for virtual or hybrid collaborations. Funds will allow Alumni to travel to each other’s organizations or communities or collaborate virtually to learn from each other’s best practices and expertise.
To apply, Alumni are required to:
- Update their contact information in the Alumni Contact Information and Biography Form.
- Explore the Alumni Directory to identify possible collaborators.
- Complete and submit the online application, including a work plan, budget form, resume, and other required items
OFFICIAL LINK: https://www.mandelawashingtonfellowship.org/2021/01/21/apply-2021-linc-grants/