2021 Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship for Young Africans
Deadline: November 30, 2020.
The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship gives you the confidence, resources, knowledge, network, and financial support to build a startup with an impact.
Phase 1: Explore – December 2020-February 2021
1000 exceptional candidates receive access to a curated list of online entrepreneurship courses and work through the first 11 steps of the Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework workbook. Candidates have several months to demonstrate their commitment to the entrepreneurial process by completing the training and progressing on their ideas’ respective milestones.
Phase 2: Ignite – February-April 2021
30 finalists with an outstanding commitment to the entrepreneurship process, who will have excelled at the milestones set out in phase one will be selected to join this phase. Under this phase, they will continue to go through an additional curated list of additional online entrepreneurship courses and work through the remaining steps of the Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework’s workbook. At the end of this phase, the participants will pitch their ideas, competing for the fellowship, and the most advanced and promising business ideas will become the finalists who receive the fellowship.
Phase 3: Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship – April-August 2021
15 Fellows will be selected to join DDQIC’s summer incubation program. During this phase, Fellows will get the opportunity to work on their ideas, access seed funding, and participate in weekly 3-2-1 pitch presentations about the work they are doing as they transform their ideas into scalable startups. In addition, Fellows will receive a $500 stipend and dedicated coaches and mentors from DDQIC’s Global Network of industry experts and entrepreneurs.
- Students and recent grads with a willingness to learn, take risks, and commit themselves fully.
- For African students and recent grads with a desire to solve pressing problems and bring entrepreneurial ideas to life
- Business bootcamp delivered by Queen’s University faculty and industry leaders who bring decades of combined entrepreneurship and C-Suite experience
- The Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework, a proven step-by-step framework for scalable startups developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Pitch coaching and mastery
- Certificate awarded for 100% completion of DDQIC’s essential entrepreneurship training modules
Global Visibility and Network:
- Liaise with mentors and speakers leading innovation and entrepreneurship in North America
- Access a Global Network of Queen’s entrepreneurial alumni
- Join a cohort of thousands of like-minded students and recent grads from across Africa
- Fellows are matched to industry leaders and entrepreneurs in the final phase of the program
- Receive feedback at important startup milestones
- 15 Fellows will receive a stipend of $500 CAD
- Opportunities to pitch for funding in Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre seed funding competitions
All participants should go to apply on this link before midnight the 30th November 2020, your local time. Application link: https://queensu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5tJtLvxCbetcMMB