2021 Jack Ma Foundation Africa Business Heroes Competition for African Entrepreneurs
Deadline: June 7, 2021.
ABH aims to identify, support and inspire the next generation of African entrepreneurs who are making a difference in their local communities, working to solve the most pressing problems, and building a more sustainable and inclusive economy for the future.
- Applications are open in English and French to entrepreneurs from all African countries, all sectors, and all ages who operate businesses formally registered and headquartered in an African country.
- Have a 3 year-track record.
- Applicant should be the Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- Applicant has African citizenship or is the child or grand-child of an African citizen.
- The company is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa.
- Company is post-Idea stage. Business is 3 years old or more and has at least 3 years of revenue history.
Every year, ten finalists will be selected to compete in the ABH finale pitch competition and participate in a TV Show that will be broadcast online and across the continent. The finalists will compete for a share of US $1.5 million in grant money.
- Pitch business legends: Opportunity to pitch to business legends and receive advice from them.
- Win YOUR share of $1.5 million USDA: ll ten finalists win grant funds from $100,000 to $300,000.
- Gain global recognition & exposure: International publicity via the televised Africa’s Business heroes Show, press releases, news articles, TV/radio & print interviews.
- Access mentorship & training: Tailored Feedback, Mentorship & Training via the Africa’s Business Heroes Network of Partners and Judges.
- Get connected with entrepreneurs ecosystem: An online community of ABH Alumni, judges and key stakeholders that promotes peer learning, engagement and networking