2021 ISID/ESCMID Fellowship Programme for Early-Career Investigators from LMICs
Deadline: June 1, 2021.
The International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID) and the European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) established their joint fellowship program in 2010 to foster international, peer-to-peer collaboration and the exchange of scientific knowledge and best practice. The program enables early-career investigators, from low and lower-middle income countries outside of the region, to travel to Europe for multidisciplinary clinical and laboratory training.
In the formative stages of their careers, successful applicants are given the opportunity to extend their research experience; learn from experienced infectious disease specialists; and return home with knowledge and processes that will help them improve clinical practice in regions where it most needs strengthening.
- ISID/ESCMID fellowships are open to residents of low and lower-middle income countries, as classified by the World Bank, from outside of Europe.
- Applicants who are less than forty years of age*, and will benefit from the opportunity to work or study outside of their country of residence.
Two fellowships of up to US$7,500 and up to three months in duration are awarded annually
Applications should be made using our on-line submission system by June 1st, 2021 and include:
- Research plan – five pages including background, methods, limitations and references
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae
- Letter of reference from the applicant’s institution
- Letter of invitation/reference from the host institution
- Curriculum vitae of mentor from host institution
- Budget details
Upon completion, a short written report on the outcomes of any research must be submitted. ISID and ESCMID also encourage recipients of grants to present their results at scientific meetings and to submit them for publication in peer-reviewed journals including, but not limited to, the International Journal of Infectious Diseases.
Please apply at: https://na.eventscloud.com/eSites/608062/Homepage